Cyberfirst. Part of National Cyber Security Centre and aim to develop the UK’s next generation of cyber professionals through their student bursaries, courses for 11-17 year olds and competitions. Five ways to get involved:
- Girls Competition – Cyberfirst competition for teams of four Year 8 girls – entries open in December 2019. Need to be supported by a responsible adult who can act as the team guardian but this person needs no knowledge of cyber or be an IT or computer science teacher.
- CyberFirst Courses – during the summer holidays the NCSC provide short residential courses designed to introduce the young people to the world of cyber security.
- CyberFirst Student Bursary – £4,000 per year and paid cyber skills training to help a young person kick start a
- Cyberfirst Degree Apprenticeship— The CyberFirst Degree Level Apprenticeship is a three year apprenticeship where you’ll get exposure to some of the world’s most cutting-edge technologies along with practical insights into the innovative ways we use them to provide cyber security to our customers. Applications for the CyberFirst Bursary and Degree Apprenticeships will open in September 2019 for the September 2020 intake. All enquiries should be made to email@example.com.
- Cyberdiscovery – Free, online, extracurricular programme turning teenagers across the country into cyber security experts. Intake opens 3rd Sept.