More Positive Together
Need help in developing your skills and finding employment?
Looking to recruit staff but struggling to find the right people?
More Positive Together, through a unique partnership of Housing partners and a range of agencies provides one to one support to help individuals to develop skills and then prepares them for employment, providing businesses with another source of recruitment.
More Positive Together is a Lancashire-wide project which is helping 4000+ people to improve their skills and employment prospects by providing 1-1 supported mentoring.
The project is led by Active Lancashire and partners include: Blackpool Coastal Housing and Blackpool Council; Blackburn with Darwen BC; Calico; Community Gateway Association; Great Places; Lancashire Colleges; Lancashire Wildlife Trust; Newground /Together Housing; Onward Homes/ 1st Call Hyndburn; Progress Housing group; Regenda Homes and West Lancashire District Council. Whilst these partners will engage and support participants in the project, other delivery partners such as Princes Trust, Key and Preston Vocational Centre contribute with their expertise targeting Young People aged 16-24.
Skilled MPT Mentors help people to engage on the project and then work with them on a continuous basis to help them to progress and move nearer to the workplace. For many the goal is part or full- time work, but for others it may just be to develop their skills. The mentors will work on an individual basis to agree a plan of action that is geared specifically to individual needs. This may involve taking part in a range of interesting activities; contributing as a volunteer and helping others access these activities – or gaining other skills and experience. Before moving on to the next steps of the journey to employment, participants will receive help in preparing for employment, applying for jobs and finally support for once they have started in employment and beyond. Plans are also being developed to provide a programme of support to SME workplaces around Physical & Mental Health.
What are the benefits?
– Improved confidence and well-being
– Help with tackling debt problems, mental health issues and other barriers to personal development
– Opportunities to develop new skills through volunteering, training and work experience
– Opportunities for self-development through taking part in sport, environmental and other community activities
– Preparation for work and increased job prospects.
– Assistance in finding individuals who have the knowledge, skills and attitudes which you are looking for.
– New recruits who have already been trained in some of the basic skills you need such as health and safety; IT; customer service etc – saving costs for you.
– New recruits who have already been trained in more specific skills – depending on their areas of interest – again saving costs
– On-going support for individuals you employ from the More Positive Together project, through our mentoring system/workplace health support.
– Improved staff retention – recruits from MPT will already have demonstrated that they have been able to commit to the programme.
– MPT is fully funded so is no cost to your business.
– Access to community hubs within social housing estates to engage with residents and advertise job vacancies.
Who is it for?
This project is available to anyone of working age, living in Lancashire, who is currently unemployed and it supports Lancashire businesses who want to be able to reach out to a new audience and employ supported, skilled and trusted staff. It will engage people who, for whatever reason, have not been able to find work or get back into work. Our mentors have experience of working with local people who are ready for the chance to be employed.
How do I find out more and apply?
To find out more about the project please visit https://www.activelancashire.org.uk/mpt
Alternatively, call Active Lancashire on 01772 299830 and then we will direct you to the most appropriate partner.