Workfit Women provides a holistic package of employment support activities to women throughout Lancashire who are not in employment and who are experiencing two or more barriers to employment, training or job search.
Workfit women provides a holistic employment support package within safe, female only environments in our 5 main localities in Lancashire – Hyndburn, Burnley, Blackburn, Blackpool and Preston.
Full wrap around support includes:
- Assignment of a Key Coach to provide employment focussed continuous case work support and one to one individual assessment and development of a personalised action plan.
- Access to a package of interventions, including: One to One Talking Therapies / CBT; Mindfit Groups to improve confidence and emotional wellbeing; Financial Health Check and financial literacy support including completion of a welfare vs work assessment; Support to identify childcare needs and explore and plan childcare support options
- Workfit Group Programme covering strengths and transferrable skills, job search, interview skills and personal presentation skills
- Supported Volunteer Placements to develop employment skills, gain experience and achieve references.
- Supported referral into wider activities within Lancashire Women’s Centres such as Work Clubs, Digital Inclusion, Mentor advice.
What are the benefits?
Workfit Women will benefit those engaged by supporting them to achieve the following:-
- Improved psychological and physical wellbeing, reducing barriers to job search and employment
- Reduced social inclusion and engagement within increased networks of social and community peer support.
- Gain confidence and new skills to increase their ability to take up new training, education or employment opportunities
- Increased self-confidence and self-esteem, increasing motivation and ability to take up new opportunities
- Improved knowledge and ability to be able to make more informed choices about their future employment options
- Increased confidence and motivation to search and apply for work
- Experience an increased take up of suitable jobs and training opportunities.
Who is it for?
Any women in Lancashire, aged 24yrs or over who are unemployed or economically inactive and experiencing at least two barriers to participation and progression to the labour market (i.e. offending history, mild to moderate mental health issues, low skilled, vulnerably housed).
How do I find out more and apply?
If you would like to know more about this project , go to the website –
http://womenscentre.org/how-we-can-help-you/training-employability and follow the links on ‘How can I access support’ or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the title Workfit.
One of our team will contact you to discuss your needs, how we can help and arrange an appointment.
In addition to Workfit we provide a wider range of employment and digital inclusion services for both Men and Women under Invest in Youth (under 24yrs), Age of Opportunity (over 50 yrs), Changing Futures (for participants needing intensive support)