Review our Privacy Notice below
This website (www.lancashireskillshub.co.uk) belongs to the Lancashire Skills & Employment Hub part of the Lancashire Enterprise Partnership
In order to comply with articles 13 and 14 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), where personal data relating to a data subject is collected, Lancashire County Council would like to provide you with the following details.
Identity and contact details of the data controller
- Lancashire County Council, PO Box 78 County Hall, Fishergate, Preston, Lancashire, PR1 8XJ
Contact details of the data protection officer
- Our Data Protection Officer is Paul Bond. You can contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org or Lancashire County Council, PO Box 78 County Hall, Fishergate, Preston, Lancashire, PR1 8XJ
Purposes for processing
The Skills and Employment Hub is a strategic team enabling a balanced, skilled and inclusive labour market which underpins and contributes to economic well-being and growth across the Lancashire Enterprise Partnership. The team work through 4 priorities: Inspiring the future generation, helping local people to get recruited into employment, upskill existing employees and influencing and informing Lancashire’s priorities. We process data including personal data highlighted below, so that we can achieve the above priorities by participating in various skills initiatives available in Lancashire and beyond.
Category of personal data being processed
- Personal data (information relating to a living, identifiable individual)
No special category is being shared as part of this project.
Legal basis for processing personal data
The legal basis for processing your personal data, in accordance with Article 6 (1) of GDPR is:
(a) Consent: the individual has given clear consent for you to process their personal data for a specific purpose.
Legal basis for processing special categories of personal data
No special category is being shared as part of this project.
Recipients of the data
We share data with a number of UK Government departments, European Union bodies, Local authorities, non-governmental bodies, charities and various education institutions by way of specific projects we are involved with. We will always inform you where your data is shared depending on whichever project or scheme you are involved with. Here is the full list of organisations that we share personal data with depending on the project you have signed up to:
- Department for Culture, Media and Sport
- Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy
- The Lancashire Colleges
- The Growth Company
- People Plus
- Lancashire Work-Based Learning Executive Forum
- Careers & Enterprise Company
- Education & Training Foundation
- Association of Colleges
- Accrington and Rossendale College
- Blackburn College
- Blackpool & The Fylde College
- Blackpool Sixth Form College
- Burnley College
- Cardinal Newman College
- Lancaster and Morecambe College
- Myerscough College
- Nelson and Colne College
- Preston’s College
- Runshaw College
- West Lancashire College
Information we share
- Organisation address
- Email address
- Phone number
In addition to the above additional information will be shared or accessed for specific projects which include gender, qualifications, job title and other information relevant to the specific projects.
Any transfers to another country
There are no transfers to another country however data is shared with European Union bodies.
Lancashire County Council will only store your information for as long as is legally required or in situations where there is no legal retention period they will follow established best practice.
|File type||Description||Security||Retention period|
|Email addresses||Email addresses (including mailing lists)||Standard email protocols||For at least 2 years after a project has ended.|
|Email contents||Where content is necessary for current projects||Standard LCC email hosting||7 years and then deleted by Lancashire Skills Hub administration team|
|Contracts / SLA’s||Project contracted with external bodies||LCC electronic databases||15 years (depending on requirements of funding bodies) then deleted by Lancashire Skills Hub administration team|
You have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), these are the right:
- to be informed via Privacy Notices such as this.
- to withdraw your consent. If we are relying on your consent to process your data then you can remove this at any point.
- of access to any personal information the council holds about yourself. To request a copy of this information you must make a subject access request in writing. You are entitled to receive a copy of your personal data within 1 calendar month of our receipt of your subject access request. If your request is complex then we can extend this period by a further two months, if we need to do this we will contact you. You can request a subject access request, either via a letter or via an email to Information Governance Team, address below.
- of rectification, we must correct inaccurate or incomplete data within one month.
- to erasure. You have the right to have your personal data erased and to prevent processing unless we have a legal obligation to process your personal information.
- to restrict processing. You have the right to suppress processing. We can retain just enough information about you to ensure that the restriction is respected in future.
- to data portability. We can provide you with your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine readable form when asked.
- to object. You can object to your personal data being used for profiling, direct marketing or research purposes.
- in relation to automated decision making and profiling, to reduce the risk that a potentially damaging decision is taken without human intervention.
If you want to exercise any of these rights then you can do so by contacting:
Information Governance Team
Lancashire County Council
PO Box 78
Or email: email@example.com
To ensure that we can deal with your request as efficiently as possible you will need to include your current name and address, proof of identity (a copy of your driving licence, passport or two different utility bills that display your name and address), as much detail as possible regarding your request so that we can identify any information we may hold about you, this may include your previous name and address, date of birth and what council service you were involved with.
If you would like more information about this specific project then please contact Lisa Moizer, Strategic Coordinator, LancashireSkillsHub@lancashirelep.co.uk.
For more information about how we use personal information see Lancashire County Council’s full privacy notice.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact the Information Governance team who will investigate the matter.
Lancashire County Council, PO Box 78 County Hall, Fishergate, Preston, Lancashire, PR1 8XJ or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
This page was last updated on 10 July 2020
Latest Updates and Events
Go Digital with Google Digital Garage Throughout March
The Lancashire Digital Skills Partnership, alongside its six fellow DSPs across the country, has teamed up with Google Digital Garage to deliver a series of weekly sessions throughout...
Facilitated Design Sprint Opportunity
Making changes to your business offering? Keep thinking that there are processes or systems in your business that could be improved? Lancashire Forum Creative is running a facilitated...
TeenTech and the Lancashire Digital Skills Partnership helping to engage young people during the lockdown half-term
Over the past month, TeenTech with the Lancashire Digital Skills Partnership (LDSP) has delivered TeenTech Innovation Live (for students aged 11-19) and TeenTech City of Tomorrow Live sessions...