UNITEplus brings together Lancashire SMEs wanting to develop capacity through the uptake of new tools and techniques, with students and graduates looking for high quality placements in Lancashire.
UNITEplus is a free ERDF funded business support programme that will add value and skills to help your business grow.
UNITEplus will have a positive impact on your company’s performance and productivity by giving you access to high quality university talent. It enables Lancashire SMEs to explore the student/graduate employee marketplace on a low risk basis as there is no cost incurred by the company and there is support with all aspects of the recruitment process. The placement salary is paid by the project.
UNITEplus is also a great way to build relationships and a gateway into further collaborations with universities.
What are the benefits?
- Provides your business with additional skills
- Has a positive impact on your company’s performance and productivity
- Enables you to explore the student/graduate employee marketplace on a low risk basis
- There is no cost incurred, the salary is paid by the project
- Create links with universities
- Support with all aspects of recruitment
Who is it for?
Eligibility requirements for businesses:
- Located in Lancashire
- Trade business to business (B2B)
- Employ 250 employees or less
- Have either an annual turnover that is equal to or less than 50million euros or a balance sheet total that is equal to or less than 43million euros
- Have business premises from which the student can work
“We collaborate closely with UCLan and very much support Lancashire enterprise. The UNITEplus programme gave us the opportunity to welcome a student into nxo to gain valuable work experience. In turn nxo had the benefit of being able to give focus to a particular marketing project and with Aaron being such a bright, knowledgeable individual, he had plenty to bring to the table and made a real impact in his time with us, so much so we kept him on over the Summer.”
Cheryl Jones, Marketing Director – nxo
“We needed a way to scale up our staffing without increasing our overheads drastically and the UNITEPlus program allowed us to do this. With the help of the program Business Adviser working with the University’s Employment and Recruitment Service we were able to recruit a highly qualified graduate with a good foundation in the skills we needed”
Alex Askew, Director – M4B (Marketing 4 Business)