Strengthening Communities, Volunteering in Lancashire is looking for employers in the county that are willing to provide work experience opportunities.
The SCVL project works with unemployed people across Lancashire that are finding it difficult to get a job and require support. Our Lancashire-wide team of key workers and adult learning providers will give them the support they need to address their barriers to employment.
This will include building confidence, providing training across a range of subjects and accessing work experience either through volunteering in the public, voluntary and community sectors, or work placements with private sector employers.
Whilst on our project, the key workers will be on hand to give participants support as and when required.
What are the benefits?
- Opportunity to provide someone with valuable work experience.
- Opportunity for existing employees to develop their own supervisory skills.
- Offering work experience doesn’t cost you financially.
- Many industries are facing a skills shortage, offering work experience gives people the opportunity to have a ‘taster session’ of what goes on within your industry.
- Key worker support for individuals if required.
Who is it for?
This project is for Lancashire businesses who are looking to provide work experience opportunities and for those Lancashire residents who are unemployed or inactive and are looking to move closer to the labour market.
SCVL is a European Social Funded project that is being delivered by in partnership between Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council, Community CVS, Lancashire CVS, Lancashire Adult Learning, Blackpool Adult Learning and Lancashire Constabulary’s Volunteering Programme.