The National Careers Service
The National Careers Service provides careers information, advice, and guidance to help people make informed choices about their work, learning and training options.
The National Careers Service (NCS) offer for employers
NCS advisers are professionally trained and qualified, with a thorough knowledge of the local labour market and related training and work opportunities.
They can respond quickly and flexibly to support requests and will work with people and organisations to design and deliver a bespoke plan. Depending on the size of the organisation and their needs, this could include:
- Group workshops: Covering CVs, interview techniques, searching for jobs, building self-confidence and resilience to manage change
- One-to-ones: Understanding personal motivations and goals, identifying transferable skills, accessing learning and training opportunities
Support for groups and individuals
Support can also be offered to individual or groups that would benefit from advice and guidance sessions, please get in touch to discuss how they can work with you or your organisation. the NCS can offer one-to-one support and group sessions, supported by a Careers and Skills Action Plan to help your customers/learners achieve their goals.
What are the benefits?
The National Careers Service can support individuals, employers and their staff with…
- Redundancies – both large and small scale
- Organisational restructuring and redeployment
- Upskilling – particularly for older workers
- Recruitment events and pre-screening
Who is it for?
The service is aimed at Employers, groups and individuals
How do I find out more and apply?
The National Careers Service is delivered by our network of partners across Lancashire:
West Lancs & Chorley: Neil McCaskill, Career Connect: 07792 539098
Blackpool, Fylde, Lancaster, Preston, South Ribble & Wyre: Inspira: 0345 658 8647
Burnley, Hyndburn, Pendle & Rossendale: Jackie Wilkinson, GC Employment: 07540 920978
Blackburn and Darwen: Ruth Hurst, Blackburn with Darwen Council: 01254 585766