The support available through Boost includes several programmes developed to help business owners and employees develop new skills and increase leadership and management capability within workforces.
Boost Business Lancashire
Boost is Lancashire's business growth hub, helping growth-hungry businesses in the county realise their potential by providing simple access to a range of leading-edge funded business support programmes.
What is it?
Boost Business Lancashire (Boost) is the £7.8m Lancashire Business Growth Hub. It is led by the Lancashire LEP (Local Enterprise Partnership) and Lancashire County Council and supported by funding from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
What are the benefits?
Boost is the first port of call for any business in Lancashire that is looking to grow. We’ll discuss your growth plans, current opportunities and anything that is holding you back. Then we’ll let you know what funded public sector support is available to help you grow.
We can help ambitious Lancashire businesses to grow by:
- Accessing growth finance
- Getting help from experienced business mentors
- Starting a new business
- Innovating and developing new products
- Improving leadership and management skills
- Accessing sector-specific business support
Boost & Co members – private sector organisations that help and advise growing Lancashire companies, may be able to help you too.
Who is it for?
In order to be eligible for support from Boost, growth-hungry businesses / new business ideas must meet the following criteria:
- Be based in Lancashire
- Employ fewer than 250 full-time employees
- Have an annual turnover of less than £40 million, and/or
- Have an annual balance sheet total of less than £35 million
- Have received less than £160,000 of publicly funded support in the last 3 years
- Not trading as a retail or business to consumer industry
- Central Recruitment helping an experienced professional start her own thriving recruitment consultancy
- Lune Valley Dairy providing peer networking and leadership masterclasses to this family-owned dairy business
- Weighing Scales mentoring support from an experienced business person to help the business owner develop a growth strategy